Showing Your Home
The following is a quick checklist to prepare your home for a showing when it is on the market:
- Short notice is possible.
- Pick up/clean up all clutter.
- Open the drapes and blinds.
- Turn on lights.
- Put all animals outside.
- Home should be cool in summer/warm in winter.
- Play light music if possible.
- Place fresh bouquets of flowers around.
- Stay out of the way (leave the property).
- Do not speak to potential purchasers.
- If you do see prospective buyers, do not tell them everything about the home, allow them to discover the home themselves.