The Selling ProcessSo you want to sell your home? I’d like to help. Here are a few simple steps that you can take to insure you are on the road to a GOLDEN Real Estate transaction.
Step 1 – Hire a REALTOR
Most homebuyers find their new home through a real estate agent. When you hire Kim Heddinger to represent your interests in the sale of your home, you hire a seasoned professional who will help assure that you net the greatest possible equity in the shortest amount of time. Interviewing REALTORS is an excellent way to determine if that individual is the best fit for you The following link provides several interview questions you should ask before hiring someone to handle your largest investment.
Kim will walk through your house taking detailed notes, then do the necessary research to determine the market value of your home. In addition, Kim will give specific suggestions and recommendations that will help to sell your home for the greatest amount of money in the least amount of time.
Properly preparing your home for sale is very important in making a good “First Impression” to the prospective buyer. It can also help a house sell more quickly and for more money. The following link, provides a checklist of items to do to prepare your home for sale.
This is when all the paperwork including property information, disclosures and listing contract is signed. As soon as the signatures are acquired that is when the fun begins…
- Sign is placed in the yard
- Lock box containing a key, is placed on the property.
- Data from the aforementioned paperwork is entered into the RMLS system at which point your home is considered an “Active” Listing.
- Photo session will be scheduled and photos will be loaded onto web sites and the RMLS system.
- Your specialized marketing program begins.
There are many hints and tips for staging your home during showings. The following link provides a guide of things to do when getting a showing. After each showing, the showing agent is contacted for feedback, primarily to get the buyers opinion of the property and just to make sure we are in the best condition and price for the market.
The most important time in a transaction is when an offer comes in. Kim is an expert negotiator and will help guide and advise you through this process of evaluating, negotiating and accepting an offer.
Step 7 – Contract to Closing
Once an offer has been negotiated and signed by all parties, the hard work really begins. (Yes, believe it or not, it’s been easy up to this point)
- Escrow is opened at the negotiated Escrow/Title Company, at which time a title search is done
- Loan approval is obtained working through a mortgage broker
- Inspections are ordered and repairs are negotiated and completed
- Appraisal is ordered
- Documents are ordered and assembled
- Signing of documents by both buyers and sellers
- Funds exchange hands
- Documents get recorded
You move out and the buyer moves in!
And that completes another successful “Golden Transaction”